Oleksiy Danilov presented the NSDC awards to medical workers
On the eve of the Day of the Medical Worker, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksiy Danilov held a meeting with leading specialists, doctors and representatives of senior and junior nursing staff.
Mr. Danilov stressed that in the current realities of military conflict and the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the role of medical workers is decisive. “The medical front of the struggle today is one of the key ones. You are defending Ukraine in the same way as Ukrainian soldiers in the frontline in the East of our country”, - he stressed.
The NSDC Secretary expressed gratitude for the hard daily work of saving human lives.
For personal contribution to ensuring national security and defense of Ukraine, exemplary performance of official duties, professionalism and on the occasion of the Day of the Medical Worker, Mr. Danilov presented awards of the NSDC of Ukraine to medical workers.
In particular, a badge “Defender of Ukraine” was awarded to Head of the Department of Epidemiology of Danylo Halytskyi Lviv National Medical University Nataliya Vynohrad, Head of the Department of Infectious Diseases of the Bogomolets National Medical University Olha Holubovska, Head of the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy of the Bogomolets National Medical University Serhiy Dubrov.
Medals of Honor of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine of the 3rd degree were awarded to:
- Captain of the Medical Service, Senior Physician of the Military Medical Department of the Security Service of Ukraine Viktoria Bashynska;
- Junior nurse in the ward of the neurological department №2 of the municipal non-profit enterprise “Kyiv City Clinical Hospital №4” Nataliya Bobrovnyk;
- Colonel of the Medical Service, Head of the Gynecology Clinic of the National Military Medical Clinical Center “Main Military Clinical Hospital” Volodymyr Bondarchuk;
- Doctor of general hygiene of the department of sanitary and hygienic researches of the State institution “Kyiv regional center for control and prevention of diseases of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine” Maria Gusovych;
- Senior nurse of the registry of the polyclinic of the hospital of the State Institution “Territorial Medical Association of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in the city of Kyiv” Nataliya Kavun;
- Doctor-anesthesiologist of the intensive care unit of the general profile of the municipal non-profit enterprise “Kyiv City Clinical Hospital №1” Rostyslav Lesyuk;
- Doctor-infectionist of the infectious diseases department №1 of the municipal non-profit enterprise “Oleksandrivska Clinical Hospital of Kyiv” Diana Polishchuk;
- Doctor of emergency medicine of the visiting team of the municipal non-profit enterprise “Regional Center for Emergency Care and Disaster Medicine” of the Chernihiv Regional Council Olha Tkachenko.
In total, 120 medical workers from all regions of the country received the NSDC awards.