The President of Ukraine by his Decree № 82/2019 enacted the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine of 19.03.2019 “On the Application, Lifting and Amendment of Personal Special Economic and Other Restrictive Measures (Sanctions)”
Upon the initiative of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Security Service of Ukraine and the National Bank of Ukraine, sanctions were imposed on 294 legal entities and 848 individuals.
Sanctions lists include individuals and entities that:
- were involved in the process of construction of the transport link through the Kerch Strait;
- are involved in an armed attack and seizure of Ukrainian military boats as well as illegal detention of Ukrainian sailors;
- organized and facilitated holding pseudo-elections in the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk, Lugansk regions, the Crimean peninsula;
- deliberately violated Ukrainian legislation on entry/exit to the temporarily occupied territory of the Ukrainian Crimea;
- distribute publishing products of anti-Ukrainian content;
- illegally received and use the museum collection belonging to Ukraine.
In addition, sanctions are applied to the heads of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly and deputies of the State Duma of the Russian Federation.
The NSDC of Ukraine also introduced restrictive measures against individuals and entities subject to the EU, US, and Canadian sanctions.
Also, based on the proposals of the National Bank of Ukraine, sanctions were extended to 4 banks with the capital of the aggressor state.
At the same time, due to achieving the sanctions goal, on the submission of the SSU, restrictive measures were lifted from 8 legal entities, most of which suspended economic activity.
Also, on the initiative of the SBU, technical amendments were made to the identification data of one individual and two legal entities.
According to Article 1 and 5 of the Law of Ukraine "On Sanctions", sanctions apply to legal entities - residents of Ukraine solely if they are involved in terrorist activities. In this regard, the NSDC of Ukraine instructed the Security Service of Ukraine to complete the verification of the involvement in terrorist activities of the legal entities listed in Annex 1 of the Resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of October 4, 2018. Therefore, the issue applying sanctions initiated by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine will be considered after such verification is completed.